The City of Lake Forest has summarized resources for Veterans from the federal, state, and regional level, as well as non-profits. Links are included below:
- HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH)
- The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Mayors Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness
- A growing coalition of more than 850 mayors, governors, and county officials have committed to the Mayors Challenge to End Veteran Homelessness.
- Veterans Housing and Homelessness Prevention Program (VHHPP)
- VHHPP is a collaboration between three State agencies to provide $600 million in Proposition 41 general obligation bonds to fund affordable multifamily rental, supportive and transitional housing for veterans.
- CalVet Home Loans
- CalVet Home Loans is a home loan program through the California Department of Veteran Affairs.
- CalVet Ren (Residential Enriched Neighborhood) Communities
- CalVet Ren is a program where the Department of Veteran Affairs partners with affordable housing developers to create home ownership opportunities for low income veterans.
- Home Depot Foundation
- The Home Depot Foundation is currently accepting applications for its Veteran Housing Grants Program.
- Chrysler Liquidating Trust
- Earlier this year, the Chrysler Liquidating Trust committed $750,000 to support VA’s efforts to prevent homelessness in Detroit, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
- OC Veterans Service Office
- The O.C. County Veterans Service Office will actively pursue the rights of veterans and dependents of the United States Armed Forces to receive Department of Veterans Affairs benefits. They will work collaboratively with nationally chartered veterans organizations, the Department of Veterans Affairs and others to assure that veterans and their dependents receive the entitlements they have earned for their military service.