October is National Crime Prevention Awareness Month and community members are asked to renew or join their commitment to help “Take A Bite Out Of Crime!” Use these safety tips to keep you, your family, and property safe while trick or treating this Halloween:
1) Wearing a reflective and visible costume so you are easily spotted.
2) Using a glow stick or flashlight to help improve visibility for you and drivers.
3) Accompanying young children and keeping them near when walking and crossing streets.
4) Carrying a flashlight and a fully-charged cell phone in case of an emergency.
5) Using caution and being alert for children when driving on Halloween.
6) Inspecting the candy before it is eaten and throw away old-looking and unwrapped candy.